Terms and conditions
The following conditions apply to and are deemed to be incorporated in all contracts for sale and supply of the company’s services and materials.
1 Application of these Terms and Conditions: These Terms and Conditions are incorporated into any contract between Southern Spas (the Company) and the Customer for the supply of goods and/or services by the Company to the Customer and shall apply to the exclusion of all terms and conditions conflicting with or purporting to modify them, except where otherwise agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer.
- Estimate/Quote and Order:
1 An estimate/quote is binding only as an offer to do the work at the stated price on acceptance of the offer in writing.
- Works and Materials:
1 Except as expressly agreed, the Company shall provide all labour, materials and equipment necessary for the proper execution of the work. All reasonable care will be taken in the use and fixing of any materials or goods supplied by the customer, but, in such circumstances, no responsibility for their suitability, or for damage to or caused by them during fixing, is accepted.
3.2 Sound materials suitable for their respective purposes will be used but are supplied subject to any condition of sale attached thereto by the manufacturers or suppliers so far as such conditions are not inconsistent with these terms and conditions of trading. In the event of any materials proving faulty, the Company’s liability for making good may be limited to such amount as may be recovered from the manufacturer or supplier.
3.3 The words ‘provisional sum’ where used in the estimate or specification indicates the amount included therein to cover a specific item of work, and the sum is subject to substitution of the actual cost.
3.4 The value of any variations to work included in the estimate ordered and authorised by the customer, whether in addition, by omission or by substitution, should wherever practicable, be agreed before the variation is carried out. The value of any such variation shall be added or deducted from the price stated in the estimate/quote. No variation shall vitiate the contract. Any variation will be carried out expressly subject to these conditions.
3.5 All existing materials removed to allow the execution of the works will be disposed by the Company of unless otherwise agreed.
3.6 Unless specifically mentioned, no provision is made for the costs of the repairs and renewals of any defects which are not visible at the time of estimating will be chargeable, unless allowance for such items is specifically included in the estimate.
3.7 Irrespective of any insurance taken out by the Company, the customer should inform his insurer that building works are to be carried out on the property and satisfy himself that he is adequately covered by insurance. Unless expressly agreed, the Company is not liable for the loss of or damage to the works, materials on site or any property of the customer, unless the same is caused by negligence (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) of, or breach of contract by, the Company.
3.8 Every care is taken by the Company in the selection of appropriate materials to produce a satisfactory finish. the Company shall at own cost rectify any faults or defects that shall appear within six months of the completion of the works and which are due to materials and workmanship not in accordance with these terms and conditions, so long as written notice of such faults or defects shall be given by the customer to the Company within a reasonable period of work being completed.
3.9 It is assumed that the customer will remove all property from the working area, unless provision is made to the contrary in the estimate/quote, or by mutual agreement.
1 The Customer agrees to pay all invoices raised by the Company before delivery or commencement of works. The Company may:
(a) alter terms of payment with effect from the date it notifies the Customer of such change; and
(b) impose a credit limit at any time, which may be altered at the Company’s discretion with effect from the date the Company notifies the Customer of such alteration. Where the credit limit is exceeded or payment of any invoice is withheld then, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Company may with immediate effect and without further notice;
(i) refuse to carry on any further work or supply of materials; and/or
(ii) require security in a form satisfactory to the Company; and/or
(iii) alter terms of payment to cash on delivery; and/or
(iv) charge interest at the Company’s bank’s then current commercial overdraft rate plus 2 % per annum on amounts not paid within the time specified in clause 4.1, and may cancel any Orders in existence (without prejudice to any other rights or remedies of the Company).
4.2 Advance and progress payments: the Company may at its sole discretion:
(a) issue one or more invoices for a proportion of the amount of the estimate/quote (the proportion to be at the Company’s discretion) or require a proportion of the estimate/quote to be paid in advance of any Work being done.
4.3Suspension of Work: If the Order is suspended at the request of the Customer or as a result of something for which the Customer is responsible, the Company may issue an invoice for a particular sum (to be specified by the Company) for the Work already done and for other costs incurred by the Company (including, by way of example but without limitation, plant hire costs).
4.4 Retention of ownership: Until the Customer has paid all sums outstanding by the Customer to the Company from time to time:
(a) title in any materials or goods supplied shall not pass from the Company to the Customer;
(b) if the materials or goods are in the Customer’s possession, the Customer holds the Goods as trustee for the Company;
(c) the Company may call for and recover possession of the materials or goods (for which purposes the Company’s employees or agents may enter the Customer’s premises and take possession of the materials or goods without liability to the Company.
- The placing of an order expresses acceptance of our terms and conditions of business.
- These terms and conditions do not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
- Credit will only be granted to customers who agree to pay in full and by the due date.
- All prices shown include Value Added Tax (VAT) at the statutory rate current at the date of invoice.
- Prices are subject to revision in the event of any increase in costs incurred by us between the date of confirmation of order and the date of delivery to the customer.
- We reserve the right to change specifications and prices without prior notice.
- (a) The company reserves the right to alter prices and/or specifications.
(b) The customer has the right to accept or decline any changes as indicated by clause 5 (a).
- It is company policy to replace faulty/missing parts where possible. Returns will not be accepted without prior permission.
- On approval orders cannot and will not be accepted.
- (a) Complaints must be logged within five working days from the receipt of the goods. The return of the goods will not be accepted unless we have first had the opportunity of examining them or have agreed to their return.
(b) Claims in respect of damage, short or non-delivery will not be entertained unless notified in writing to the carrier within the time limit specified by the carrier and us within five days of the date of delivery for damage or short delivery and within fourteen days from the date of invoice for non-delivery.
- We shall not be under any liability for any failure or delay in delivery as a result of any contingency beyond our control. The liability of us is limited to the replacement of the goods or, at it’s option, the refunding of the price.
- Our usual delivery shall be 48 hours for chemical & accessory stock items from date of order received from customer.
- Hot Tubs & gazebos are ordered direct from our UK distributors, if the item is not in stock the estimated lead time could be 8 to 14 weeks. We only take a deposit for ordered items with the balance becoming due one week before we deliver the item to you, this way you keep your money until the item arrives and clears customs. Our Hot Tubs are manufactured in the USA.
- A full refund will be made in the event of a delivery being delayed due to any circumstances which are attributable to the company and whereby no alternative date is acceptable to the customer.
- All goods are supplied to the specification of express requirements of the buyer and he is deemed to have satisfied himself that they are fit for his purpose. All prices are fixed on the basis that the Buyer will cover himself by insurance against risk arising from the goods. All conditions of warranties whether express or implied as to quality of the goods or their fitness for any purpose are hereby excluded.
- The company guarantees that should our products not be to the standard, or in any way different from that advertised, we will refund any monies paid by the customer, but shall apply only to those item or items in question.
- No property in or title to the goods shall pass from the company to the customer unless and until the customer has made full and complete payment to the company.
- The company does not accept responsibility for damage to any equipment in which our products are used for the purpose other than those for which it was designed.
- Delivery is to anywhere within the England & Wales (quotes available for Scotland & Ireland). Delivery is charged at £8 if the total order is under £60 added at the checkout, or if the total order is £80 or over then delivery is free.
- This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and all disputes arising here under shall be submitted to the excluded jurisdiction of the English Courts. The applications of the uniform laws on international sales shall be excluded.
- Governing law and jurisdiction:
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law in force in England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England in respect of any proceedings in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- Delivery charge on chemical & accessories orders under £60 is £8.95 and is added to the total order at the checkout. Orders £60 and over are delivered free of charge within England & Wales, for delivery to Scotland or Ireland please contact us for a quote.
- From receipt of confirmed order dispatch of chemicals & accessories will be approximately 48 hours for stock items, if for any reason we do not hold the item in stock our orders manager will contact you to advise you of the expected delivery time.
- Hot Tubs & gazebos are ordered direct from our UK distributors, if the item is not in stock the estimated lead time could be 8 to 14 weeks, others items are available from stock so as soon as we receive the order our orders manager will contact you to confirm dates and arrange a suitable delivery time with you.
- Commissioning of the of the tub will also take place at the time of delivery, providing your base and electrics are in place and ready.
- Gazebos and Saunas are kerbside delivery only. Installation/ erection can be quoted on in advance.
- All goods are fully insured whilst in transit.
- As we only take a deposit on some items Southern Spas & Saunas reserve the right not to dispatch goods until payment has been made in full.
- Unfortunately we do not take orders for export outside of the UK at present.
Return of damaged, faulty or wrongly ordered goods
In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged, please notify us immediately by email, and a member of our team will be in touch by return.
Should we inadvertently despatch the wrong goods, please notify us immediately so that we may rectify the problem at no additional cost to you. We will collect the wrongly sent goods and we will either send the correct goods or give you a full refund.
If you inadvertently order the wrong products and do not realise until delivered. Please notify us and we will arrange to collect and deliver the correct products. We will obviously need to charge carriage in this case. We will be happy to quote should this situation arise. These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
A 7 day cooling off period will take effect from the day after you receive the goods. In this time if you find that the goods are not suitable for your use then please notify us and we will arrange to collect the goods and arrange for a full refund within 30 days. We may need to charge carriage in this case and we will be happy to quote should this situation arise.
If you require any assistance with either the operation of this web site or with the products that we provide, just call our customer support & care helpline on 01722 415050 where one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Lines are open during office hours 9am – 5pm.
We trust that you will not have reason to complain about our products and services but if you do then we shall endeavour to process your complaint in a manner which is fair, confidential and effective.
If you wish to complain we would request that you do so by email as this is the easiest way to document and respond to you. We will respond to your complaint within 5 working days firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Complaint.
How to use this shop.
You can order any of our products online using our secure shopping facilities. Simply select a product range, then choose an item you want to purchase, enter the quantity and click the “Buy” button. When you have completed, simply click ‘Checkout’ for a full list of items that you have ordered.
On the checkout screen, you can then choose to remove any items from your basket or proceed with your order by filling in all of the relevant details, making sure you include your credit/debit card information along with your name and address. Only once you click the ‘Send order’ button will your order be placed with us.
Stock items will normally be delivered within 48 hours, although one of our order managers will contact you should the delivery date be any longer than that stated.
Your credit/debit card or any personal details you provide will not be disclosed to any other source.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for 2 reasons:
- To process your order
- To provide you with the best possible service
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing e-mail from us or from another trader in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you includes :
- your name
- phone number
- email address
- credit/debit card details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent and the information we do hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. All information entered in our secure area is made secure using a LINUX hosted Secure Socket Layer with 2048 bit encryption.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
Shopping with Southern Spas Online is totally safe, 100% guaranteed. We understand that shopping online can feel risky and uncertain. How can you be sure that someone out there with a computer can’t intercept your credit card numbers?
You can be sure, because your credit card security is our highest priority.
So really there’s no risk. In fact, shopping online is statistically far safer than using your credit card at a restaurant or department store. We’re sure you’ll find yourself appreciating the cost savings and convenience of shopping at home in no time at all.
The person responsible for privacy & security is Paul Maguire. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email him at email@example.com
Choose the experts for your hot tub / spa
Years of operation
Why choose Southern Spas
Large selection of delivery & removal equipment
We have a selection of trailers, spa sledges and spa carts to hand or we have access to flat bed vehicles with or with out hi-abs which could lift up to 28m away from the vehicle.
On the occasion that you need a lift further we can put you in touch with a local crane company.
Insured and experienced
We are fully insured whilst on site along with having goods in transit insurance so there is no need to worry.
We even wrap the cabinet of your spa / hot tub or swim spa to protect it in transit.
If you like saving money and have your own manpower available just let us know and we will just send the correct driver / vehicle / and equipment.
No obligation quotations
We will happily quote you for moving your spa / hot tub / or swim spa from anywhere to anywhere in the UK or Europe.
For approximate quotes just forward the postcodes for each destination and we will get back to you.
We are always happy to discuss access issues over the phone and may even ask for a few pictures / video to be emailed or Whatsapped over. We may even carry out a free pre-site survey depending on where you are based.